This is a compilation of recipes from the gals in the Brigham City Ward and Sunset Ward, Winslow Arizona Stake. Here you'll find good friends, good feelings, and most of all GOOD FOOD! Enjoy our recipes, and share them with everyone you know and love.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken


Sweet and Sour Chicken
I made this for dinner tonight. Its always a big hit in my house so I thought I'd share.

2 chicken breasts, 1 T oil, 2 Carrots sliced, 1 glove garlic minced, 1 C sugar, 4 T cornstarch, 1 1/3 C water, 3 T oil, 2/3 C vinegar, 4 T soy sauce, 1 onion-chunked, 1/2 red pepper-chunked, 1/2 green pepper-chunked, 1 small can pineapple chunks-drained.

Cut chicken in 1 inch cubes. Saute in oil with carrot and garlic until no longer pink. Remove from heat. combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. stir in water. Add oil, vinegar and soy sauce. Cook and stir until thick and has turned a darker color. Add chicken, vegetables and pineapple. Serve with steamed rice.

If you are planning freezer meals this recipe is a good one.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I did the same thing with frozen meatballs. Quick and yummy. I'll try chicken next time.